Hi everyone! We’re still here, surviving Covid quarantine.
Today I wanted to share one of my favorite easy recipes, although this one does take some planning as the tomatoes take a little time to get them right!
Roasted Tomato Flatbread
An easy, tangy flatbread for tomato and garlic lovers!
Makes 2 flatbreads.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- Nonstick spray
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (or more, if you like)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, 2 teaspoons salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, olive oil, and garlic. Stir briefly to coat tomatoes.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray, and spread tomatoes across tray, being careful to lay them in a single layer.
- Place tomatoes in the oven for one hour, or until tomatoes are soft and blistered.
- While tomatoes are cooking, make flatbread dough by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Dough will be sticky. Leave in bowl and cover with plastic until tomatoes are done.
- Remove tomatoes from oven and set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Line a second baking pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Divide flatbread dough into two balls. Place one ball in center of parchment and spray dough lightly with cooking spray (this will help keep your hands from sticking). Press dough out into a rough oval, about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Cook flatbread in the oven for 5 minutes. Flatbread should look about half-cooked, puffy but with no browning or crispy bits.
- Remove flatbread from oven and top with half of the mozzarella, half of the tomatoes, and jalapeno slices if you like.
- Return flatbread to the oven for an additional 10-12 minutes or until edges of crust are lightly browned and cheese is bubbling.
- Repeat with second flatbread.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Jordan and I have it approximately once a week, and load it up with garlic and jalapenos!