We’ve been settling back into our routine at home now that we’re back, and I wanted to take the opportunity to share a few of our easy meal options from our recent vacation.
On one of our first nights in Yellowstone, GMa Olive cooked her baked spaghetti recipe for everyone. Our kids thought it was a huge hit, so I knew I was going to have to make some as an easy meal when we returned home.
GMa’s Baked Spaghetti
An easy, kid-friendly recipe that will satisfy a picky eater. Easy for busy parents, and easy for kids. This recipe can be frozen for later meals.
Makes approximately 12 kid-sized servings.
- 1 pound spaghetti, any type (can use protein spaghetti for more nutrition)
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey (can be omitted)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce, any type
- Olive oil nonstick spray
- 4 cups shredded cheese, any type (recommend Parmesan/Reggiano).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook spaghetti al dente (1 minute less than instructions).
- Brown ground meat and drain grease. Add any marinara sauce you like. You can add additional basil and oregano to taste.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with olive oil spray.
- Layer half of the cooked noodles in the pan, then top with half of the meat sauce.
- Sprinkle at least 2 cups of cheese on top.
- Repeat the same layers again. Sprinkle Parmesan/Reggiano over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 5 minutes so that the cheese on top melts.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.
I hope your kids enjoy this recipe as much as ours do!
This content was originally posted on Aurora the Airstream.